“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And Can Work On Your Own Initiative, We Could Have The Perfect Position For You"
Part Time Administrative Assistant Position
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this page.
We are always looking to hire enthusiastic people who can work on their own initiative, and it’s my hope that you have precisely what I need for this position.
My name is Steve McGrath and I have been running my own sports performance and personal training business for the past 5 years. I currently operate a 2,400 sq. ft facility in the Fotapoint Enterprise Park at Cobh Cross, Carrigtwohill. My training facility caters for general fitness enthusiasts as swell as athletes.
If you are a good fit for this position, you'll:
• Work a probationary period of 9 months
• Work 18 hours per week- must have flexibility to work mornings and evenings
• Earn €13 per hour
• Receive full training on how to complete all duties
The position I am looking to fill is an administrative assistant. Your job will include basic administrative work such as email and phone calls, updating our website, interacting with and supporting clients, ordering stock, updating client details in our membership software, posting content to our social media platforms,
Tasks I Need You To Perform
• Responding to customer service/inquiry phone calls and emails: We get quite a few phone calls and emails every day. You will need to respond to each of these.
• Filing: Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow and to maintain an effective and organised business
• Web site management: Just some basic updates to our website- it is fairly simple stuff like adding testimonials, videos, etc. you'll be trained in on how to do this
• Marketing and promotions: Competitions and promotions are a big part of what my facility does in order to attract clients and give something back to them. You will need to complete assigned tasks, follow up with leads, prepare info packs, etc. Again, all fairly simple things that you will be trained in how to do
• Gym administrative work: Printing, contacting suppliers, booking clients into trainer schedules, sourcing products, ordering stock, etc.
• Referrals and testimonials: These are a big part of my facility’s marketing strategy. You will be responsible for updating our website, testimonial wall, testimonial binder, etc.
• Gym maintenance: Maintaining a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
• Improving our client experience: Includes sending our welcome letters, birthday postcards, etc.- we'll teach you everything you need to do
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
• Microsoft Word, excel and powerpoint: you must be very comfortable using these. We don’t do anything advanced with these, just some simple spreadsheets, presentations, etc. but you must be comfortable doing what we need you to do
• Good phone communication skills and personality: you will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us, and prospective clients, who are just as important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through e-mail. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we expect you to be polite and professional
• Email: I do a lot of work through email. I use a web-based program that’s easy to learn. You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
• Thoughtfulness, Organisation and INITIATIVE: I need you to be able to think for yourself, be organised and proactively engage in the process of making our business better.
• Punctuality: You must be ready to start work at the right time. We ask clients not to be late for appointments and the same goes for employees
How To Apply
If all this sounds good to you, here's how to apply:
• Write a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position.
• Attach it to your CV and post it to: Steve McGrath Health & Performance Ltd., Unit B2 Fotapoint Enterprise Park, Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have posted your CV to us
If we feel you’re a good candidate for the job after reviewing your CV we’ll call you to set up an interview. The sooner we get your CV the better as we want to fill this position ASAP.
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you in person soon.
Steve McGrath Health & Performance Ltd.
P.s. As I mentioned in the headline above, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and using your initiative go a long way. We am very positive and upbeat and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate!