Health & Performance Coach Wanted
A great team
100% Results-driven environment
A great place to put your knowledge to work and actually see it work
Huge job satisfaction
Passionate, educated and dedicated coaches- we want to keep it that way!!
Clients who respect and listen to their coach and are drama free- our type of client!
Unlike most commercial gyms, we take great pride in supporting our clients to live healthy, active and rewarding lives
“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And Can Work On Your Own Initiative As Well As Part Of A Team, Then This Could Be The Career For You"
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this page. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a coach so I can take this page down and get you started straight away.
So, let me tell you about myself, my business and the available coaching position.
My name is Steve McGrath and I own a 4,500 sq. ft. sports performance and fitness training facility called STEVE MCGRATH HEALTH & PERFORMANCE near Carrigtwohill, Cork.
My training facility caters for general fitness enthusiasts looking to keep themselves fit and healthy as well as athletes looking to improve their sporting performance.
If you are hired for this job position, you'll:
• Work 20-40 hours per week
• Work a trial period of 3 months
• Work in a great environment that provides real job satisfaction
• Be part of a successful and professional health & fitness team
• Receive the highest level of training on a continuous basis to help develop you as a professional and capable coach
The position I am looking to fill is a health & performance coach. Your job will include training our valued clients, designing safe and effective training programs, participating in our facility’s projects and maintaining a safe, clean training environment for both our clients and ourselves.
Tasks I Need You To Perform
• Training clients: we value our clients and the decision they have made to train with us. As part of our professional team, you will be tasked with delivering the highest level of coaching and client service to the clients that you will be working with. This includes semi-private and group training services
• Client administrative work: contacting medical professionals, scheduling client sessions, filing client paperwork, etc.
• Marketing and promotions: Competitions are a big part of what we do in order to attract clients and give something back to them. You will need to have initiative and drive to come up with ideas and also take part in our competition and marketing projects. Your qualifications, along with your photo, will be displayed on our website and you will also be required to take part in our gym videos and write fitness related articles for our website, newsletter and blog
• Program Design: All programs are designed to take client goals, fitness level, injury history, etc. into account. This is a very important part of this position that enables us to design safe and effective training programs
• Referrals and testimonials: These are a big part of our marketing strategy. You will be responsible for getting written and/or video testimonials from our clients on a regular basis as well as executing out client referral systems
• Gym maintenance: This is nothing major but allows us to maintain a safe and clean training facility
Required Skills And Qualifications
To qualify for this position you MUST :
• hold a degree or higher in sports performance, exercise science or equivalent qualification
• Have good phone and personal etiquette: you will be talking with our customers, who are VERY important to us, and prospective customers, who are just as important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone and in person. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect, client and other staff members. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we expect you to have manners and professionalism
• Thoughtfulness, organization and INITIATIVE: we need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. We are very serious about this one. We do not want a robot. We want someone who learns and grows with us, doesn’t need to be led by the hand and is capable of coming up with their own ideas and implementing them. Keeping work organized is also a high requirement for all staff as sloppiness and a disorganized workplace leads to poor services, clients results and a bad working environment
• Punctuality: you must be ready to start work on time. We ask clients not to be late for appointments so we expect the same from staff
• Be serious and dedicated to developing as a professional health & performance coach. There are too many 'doing-it-as-a-hobby' coaches out there and they are not a good fit for our business
If you have these additional skills, your c.v will go right to the top of the stack. If you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory and just because someone has them does not mean they will get the job.
• Extra fitness qualifications such as kettlebells, Olympic lifting, FMS, etc.
• Health related qualification such as massage, physical therapy, etc.
• Previous work experience in a sports performance, fitness and results-driven environment
• Be an active athlete
How To Apply
If this job sounds good to you, here's how to apply:
• Write a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position.
• Attach it to your CV and post it to: Steve McGrath Health & Performance Ltd., Unit B1/B2 Fotapoint Enterprise Park, Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
• Email email@example.com to let us know that you have posted your CV to us
If we feel you’re a good candidate for the job after reviewing your CV we’ll call you to set up an interview.
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you in person soon.
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to our facility. If you perform, you will be rewarded. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business, sharing in the rewards of it as well as helping our clients to achieve their health and fitness goals.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and using your initiative go a long way in my book. We are a very positive training facility and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills we mentioned and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate.
YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?