Snacking is a very effective way to add extra essential nutrients into your diet, and also prevent overeating on junk food due to unplanned hunger.
Having a 1-2 healthy snacks throughout the day can help you stay full, energised and focused. We tell clients that ideally a snack should contain some protein and piece of fruit or veg.
While snacking isn’t mandatory, or necessary for everyone, a healthy snack is a great way to keep you on track satisfied between meals, when you’re on the go, stuck late at work, or find your self tempted to pick at junk from the fridge or cupboards.
Here is a list of 20 easy snacks have on the go:
- Greek Yogurt and a handful of berries
- Small handful of cashew nuts and a banana
- A Whey protein shake and raw chopped carrot
- Cottage cheese and small handful of pineapple or grapes
- Tinned Tuna and handful of spinach
- A berry smoothie with added protein powder/Greek yogurt
- A boiled eggs and asparagus
- 2-3 slices of smoked salmon and half and avocado
- Glass of milk and an apple
- Cucumber and Hummus
- A square of dark chocolate, 2-3 strawberries and Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter and a banana or apple
- Turkey Rashers and asparagus.
- Chick Peas and Hummus
- Small handful of Pistachios and a Mandarin.
- Almond Butter on some celery sticks
- Homemade Protein Bars- just google it
- A small chicken salad or leftovers
- High Protein Quark and fruit
- Casein Protein Shake and some berries
These are just some ideas to get you thinking.
Everyone has difference tastes or possibly allergies, so don’t be afraid to change things around and create your own- the combinations are limitless.
Aim to get some protein and a portion of vegetables or fruit into each snack and you cant go wrong.