“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And Can Work On Your Own Initiative, We Could Have The Perfect Position For You"
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this page.
We are always looking to hire enthusiastic people who can work on their own initiative and it’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in an employee.
My name is Steve McGrath and I have been running my own sports performance and personal training business for the past 5 years. I currently operate a 4,440 sq. ft facility in the Fotapoint Enterprise Park at Cobh Cross near Carrigtwohill. My training facility caters for general fitness enthusiasts as swell as serious professional and amateur athletes.
If you are a good fit for this position, you'll:
• Work a trial period of 3 months
• Start off working 10 to 20 hours per week
• Receive training on how to complete all duties on a continuous basis
The position I am looking to fill is an administrative assistant. Your job will include basic administrative work such as email and phone calls, updating our website, interacting with my clients, ordering stock and booking clients and updating client details in our membership software.
Tasks I Need You To Perform
• Responding to customer service/inquiry phone calls and emails: I get quite a few phone calls and emails every day. You will need to respond to each of these with basic information I’ll provide to you
• Filing: Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow.
• Web site management: Just some basic updates to our website- it is fairly simple stuff like adding testimonials, videos, etc. you'll be trained in on how to do this
• Marketing and promotions: Competitions and promotions are a big part of what my facility does in order to attract clients and give something back to them. You will need to complete assigned tasks, follow up with leads, prepare info packs, etc. Again, all fairly simple things that you will be trained in how to do
• Gym administrative work: Printing, contacting suppliers, booking clients into trainer schedules, sourcing products, ordering stock, etc.
• Referrals and testimonials: These are a big part of my facility’s marketing strategy. You will be responsible for updating our website, testimonial wall, testimonial binder, etc.
• Gym maintenance: Maintaining a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
• Microsoft Word, excel and powerpoint: you must be very comfortable using these. I don’t do anything advanced with them, just some simple spreadsheets, presentations, etc. but you must be comfortable doing what I need you to do
• Good phone communication skills and personality: you will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us, and prospective clients, who are just as important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through e-mail. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we expect you to be polite and professional
• Email: I do a lot of work through email. I use a web-based program that’s easy to learn (you’ll understand it within 45 minutes). You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
• Thoughtfulness, Organization and INITIATIVE: I need you to be able to think for yourself, be organised and engage in the process of making our business better.
• Punctuality: You must be ready to start work at the right time. We ask clients not to be late for appointments and the same goes for employees
How To Apply
If all this sounds good to you, here's how to apply:
• Write a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position.
• Attach it to your CV and post it to: Steve McGrath Health & Performance Ltd., Unit B1/B2 Fotapoint Enterprise Park, Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
• Email email@example.com to let us know that you have posted your CV to us
If we feel you’re a good candidate for the job after reviewing your CV we’ll call you to set up an interview. The sooner we get your CV the better as we want to fill this position ASAP.
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you in person soon.
Steve McGrath Health & Performance Ltd.
P.s. As I mentioned in the headline above, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and using your initiative go a long way. I am very positive and upbeat and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate!