It’s another beautiful sunny day in Cork as I write this, so I hope you made the most of it and stocked up on some vital fresh air and vitamin d.
There aren’t many things that will perk you up better than a day like today.
So after we posted Aine’s inspiring transformation last week, we got a ton of great responses via email, social media and our personal training clients.
And while we could sit here and give you our opinion on what worked for Aine, we decided it would be a much better idea to ask Aine herself to share her top 5 tips on what worked for her.
So with that, here’s Aine.
This feels like a bit of an essay but here it goes!
1) Getting that initial focus and being consistent with training, if I was to rank, this was probably #1 for me and was the stepping stone for everything else
2) Not trying to do everything at once – at the start I don’t think I was too impressed with this, but it did make everything far more manageable and was never overwhelming (coaches can be right from time to time 😬)
3) Not taking an ‘all or nothing’ approach – ensuring I still went and did all the things I like doing, e.g. travelling, meals out, nights out…and enjoying them, meant I never felt I was sacrificing anything
4) Probably connected to 3 but making training a part of my life as opposed to being my life
5) Self belief- this came a bit later….but it did come and it stayed!
Wise words from a great client.
Notice that there was no talk heavy deadlifts, smashing it hard in the gym, etc. aine had to focus on the the most challenging area of all to achieve her goals- her mindset.
Once you get your mindset right, everything else falls into place if you give it time.
If you’ve been inspired by Aine to make some positive changes in your own life, then our team would love to help you do it the right way, so take a minute to check out our 7 Day Trial- it’s your first step in getting started.